- This event has passed.
Vermont Climate Council Agriculture Stakeholder Meeting
September 14, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm EDT
You are invited to a workshop about the developing strategies for agriculture for the state’s emerging Climate Action Plan. The meeting will be held virtually to allow participation from across the state. Register Here
All farmers, farm-related businesses, technical service providers, farmer support groups and organizations, conservation districts and others are encouraged to attend.
The members of the Agriculture and Ecosystem Subcommittee of the Vermont Climate Council will share:
- The strategies for helping Vermont farms and food system to be more resilient and adaptable in the face of climate change impacts;
- The ways Vermont agriculture can play an essential role in storing and sequestering carbon; and,
- The many co-benefits climate action can take for farm viability, healthy soils, increased biodiversity, water quality, and many others.
The Subcommittee hopes to hear from you:
- Are they on the right track with their approaches?
- What key strategies or ideas are they missing?
- What two or three strategies or ideas are of concern or worry to you?
- And, how would you improve them to address you concerns?
The input from this workshop will help the Subcommittee refine its recommendations due to the full Climate Council this Fall.
You may find more information about the Subcommittee’s work just below.
- Subcommittees Overall Strategies
- Specific Agriculture Strategies
- Nature Based Solutions
- Healthy, Local Food Access and Sustainable Working Lands Economies
If you’re hosting an event or offering a grant related to agriculture and water quality, soil health, climate change, or the environment, you’re welcome to add it to our calendar.