Since our early days in 2012, the Champlain Valley Farmer Coalition has grown from a fledgling group of 12 members to nearly 150 members today!
- 98 are Vermont Farmers who manage 81,680 acres of farmland in Addison, Chittenden, Rutland, and Washington Counties.
- 50 are non-voting members (business, individuals, UVM Extension staff)
- Our farm members are 71% dairy, 13% field crops or vegetables, 5% beef producers, and 5% other livestock (goat, hog, sheep, poultry). We even have one member who produces honey!
- 10% of our farm members are Certified Organic.
- 61% of our farm members are small farm operations, 26% are medium farm operations, and 12% are large farm operations.