The Champlain Valley Farmer Coalition (CVFC) seeks a full-time Project Manager to manage reporting and other requirements relating to a grant provided by the Agriculture Clean Water Initiative Program (AgCWIP) through the Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets (VAAFM), as well as future grants relating to water quality, soil health, and regenerative and climate smart agriculture. The Project Manager will report to the Executive Director of CVFC.
Specific activity areas and details of the AgCWIP grant relate to:
- Organizational Capacity Development – Improving organizational effectiveness by strengthening processes, skills, knowledge, services, resources, and/or performance for effective water quality improvement services to the agricultural community.
- Education and Outreach – Distributing the most current and effective information related to water quality conservation practices including research, regulatory requirements, grant opportunities, innovative initiatives, and/or peer-to-peer experiences.
- Technical Assistance – Sharing information and expertise, instruction, skills, working knowledge, and/or technical information to support behavior change for improved water quality and soil health.
- Conservation Practice Surveys – Working with farms for the collection and verification of priority field conservation practices and entry of that necessary information into the appropriate database.
- Committed to CVFC’s mission and goals to support a strong, resilient, and diverse agricultural community in Vermont’s Champlain Valley.
- Technical knowledge of water quality, soil health, and regenerative and climate smart agriculture practices, including cover cropping, no-till, manure injection, rotational grazing, renewable energy, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years of prior project management experience. Skills including the ability to coordinate education and outreach events with members, partners, extension agents, community organizations, and state agencies, as well as the ability to compile and submit detailed, timely, and accurate information on grant deliverables.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in word processing and spreadsheet tools.
- Self-starter and team-player.
Position Salary and Benefits
The salary is $60,000 per year. The position is a 2-year grant funded position with the potential for extension as future funding allows. Two weeks of paid leave. Organization is based at the UVM Extension office in Middlebury, VT. Some in-state travel will be required for farm visits, workshops, and meetings. Must provide own transportation.
To apply: email a letter of interest and resumé by August 10 to Executive Director Vijay Nazareth at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.